Thursday, April 26, 2007

Malgudi Days

This one a set of short stories form R. K. Narayan. I love his style no doubt about it.

I had seen the serial - "Malgudi Days" that used to be aired on the DoorDarshan when young. I could recall the different episodes as I read through the book. I would commend the Director of the serial - Late Shankar Nag, for his fantastic picturisation of the stories. A applause is a must for him to get the narration that RK gives, realized.

This book is not a complete collection but a set of selected stories from the different short stories collection that RK has written. There is a hidden pun in some of them, in some there is nothing but a lucid narration of the events.... over all a very nice book to read... Each story different from the other and all narrated so well that it captivates the readers interest. A nice read to enjoy when you feel bored.

I have been motivated by RK and his short story collection, an plan to write some stories.... will put them up some times...

No comments: