Monday, April 2, 2007

Seetha Falls, Agumbe, Barakan View Point

I am always on the look out for falls. The last time I visited Seetha falls, I had seen a narrow stream making a falls far off. I wished I could know more about it. I went back to hostel and did a small research to find out that the small falls was called Barkana fall.
As usual we set out from college in 3 bikes; we set out early aroung 6:00 A.M. from the college and reached Karkala, then we took a route from Karkala that would take us to Hebri. We reached Hebri at around 7:30 am. We had out breakfast in a hotel near the bus stand and then packed some food to be taken up for the trek.
We set out from Hebri toward Someshwara, on the way we get a place called SeethaNadi - (The place is named after the river (Nadi in kannada means River) - Seetha that flows past this place). We see an Arch on the right side, thatz the route that you have to take... It’s around 10kms from here and we reach a bridge, you can cross the bridge in a 2 wheeler but not a four wheeler. We crossed this one and then reached the falls.
The falls was as usual at its best, dropping from a height of some 60 feet and making a very nice falls. It has a large lake in front of it, nice cold water in it, and a nice place to rest and have a chilling bath. You can swim here, but make sure you are good at swimming....
I took a small break from the group and wandered into the wilderness nearby... to look if I can find the origin of the falls... I only found a level above the falls and then came back.
We set out from the falls at around 12 noon, had our lunch at a bus stand that had a borewell nearby. After having our lunch we decide to go to the Agumbe and then to Barkana. We reached Agumbe and got the permission from the police station to enter into the forest - There is a naxal problem in these areas and its needed that we inform the police about any activity that we find in the forest.
Having acquired the permission we set out on the bikes towards the Barkan, around 3 Km into the forest and we reach the Barkana View Point... I cherish the memories of this view point - the view of the lush greenary, the wild vegetation, the sea far way, the surrounding mountains, the barkana falls at a distance... All this makes it more special than the Agumbe View Point. I wish I make the Narsimha Parvatha Trek some time that will take me through the barkana falls... Am waiting... let me see if I can do it some time.
We spent nearly an hour at the view point and then got back to Agumbe. We had our tiffin there and then went to the view point to wait for the sunset. We had a splendid sunset - one of the memorable ones in my life... We got down Agumbe and then back to College via Hebri, Karkala, Padubidre... We had our dinner at the very famous "Sonu Dhaba" and then got back to hostel.
Personally I feel not all that exciting trip except for the time spent at - Barkana, Seetha Falls, and the Agumbe Sunset....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am final, I am sorry, but you could not give little bit more information.