Monday, June 16, 2008

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari - Robin Sharma

I read this book after reading "Who will cry..." by Robin Sharma. In many aspects it was like reading the executive summary before the actual book...blessed me (I surely think its so!!!)... I knew exactly what I can take out....(then I sure did miss some other aspects... may be as I reflect on what I read through when I decide to would derive some other aspects as well).

The story is about a very successful lawyer finding his life's purpose!!! I would like to put up the memory pegs, so that we can gain the maximum out of this review... so here are the pegs along with what they stand for-
  1. The Magnificent Garden -> Master your mind
  2. The Towering Lighthouse -> Follow your purpose
  3. The Sumo Wrestler -> Practice Kaizen
  4. The Pink Wire Cable -> Live with Discipline
  5. The Gold Stopwatch -> Respect your time
  6. The Fragrant Roses -> Selflessly serve others
  7. The Path of Diamonds -> Embrace the present
This is a memory aid which helps us live our life more fully and gain the maximum out of it...after all isn't it that we actually want...our full utilization of our time and resources will give a un-explainable and strange solace in our life...
This book is really a good one to read... thats my personal feeling... but may be the perspective you need to look at would be a bit different. You need to be in the state of mind to actually be able to appreciate what the yogi Julian needs to say... the context change would not let you appreciate the book with the same intensity as mentioned in the book...
The very creative fable is another point of appreciation... I am writing a book on similar lines and think there is definitely something I would take from this read of mine :). So it was all the more advantageous to read it now...

1 comment:

Venu b said...

This book is *special* !!
Close to something spiritual if you ask me!