Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Omniscient & Omnipotent

me: innen samachara kano (any other news?)

Guruprasad: illi inna summer time....so aaramagi nadhithide(nothing, its summer time so all going well.)

me: cool

Guruprasad: do u get any time while ur doing ur MBA ?

u seem to have read a lot of books a

and travelling also

me: he he... adella chance sikkaga maDle bkalva(need to do all that well u get a chance rt!)... its jst a matter of priorities kano... some value sleeping I value travelling aste...

correct taane(rt!)

Guruprasad: right.....

I wish I could be more like u !

somehow I can't compromise with my sleep !

me: no u are unique.... if u are like me then thr is no use of me

Guruprasad: I am trying to do lot of stuff...like photography, travel, gym, ...

me: u will get over it kano... np... its not wrong to take a nap.. its only a matter of keeping it refreshing enough

good thatz gr8 kano(man)...

nice to keep trying different things...

Guruprasad: but it sucks out all the energy out of me for my studies finally !

me: he he... its the mind that makes something refreshing or not...

Guruprasad: u right sir..

me: so if u simulate ur mind thru encouraging its creativity in all u do it wouldnt make it boring...

actually feeling bored is only a matter of not feeling interested enough

or say simulating enough

en antira?

Guruprasad: and btw what do u think for my status msg ?

me: can u paste them over?

ur status message?

Guruprasad: "I am Omniscient and I am Omnipotent. Ergo, I am Lying."

Guruprasad did not receive your chat.

me: i differ on the last u arent lying... thou art really that

we are omniscient and omnipotent...

Guruprasad: I mean't it ...

Both cannot be true at the same time...

it contradicts Logic

me: both as in...

Guruprasad: and Reason

me: he he...

Guruprasad: Say if ur Omniscient....and u can see the future

me: humm...

Guruprasad: then u cannot change anything

me: he he...

u have already seen so u can always change cant u?

Guruprasad: But if u change something, it means u r not omniscient

then what u have seen will not happen

me: you are omniscient... which means u know wht leads to wht... not that I have seen everything... it only implies I understand better than usual

Omnipotent says one can has the energy to change it...

wht if he is the energy himself? he definitely can change himself rt...

thr by change wht is the end result?

Guruprasad: hmm....that changing the definition of Omniscient

It doesn't matter so the energy is right

It should hold good for all cases

me: changing the commonly held view of Omniscient

not its meaning

he he... are u sure?

will everything be good for all times?

in all situations?

Guruprasad: nopes..

me: dont thngs change?

Guruprasad: so ?

things change

me: so y not meaning and interpretations?

Guruprasad: but nobody can predict the future and still have the power to change it

he can either do one thing not both...

they are mutually exclusive properties

Sent at 11:03 AM on Wednesday

me: he he..

Guruprasad: if one is truly omniscient, then he should be able to predict his own actions to change the current future

and thereby goes recursive

me: prediction is a game of probability rt

Guruprasad: and we get crazy !

me: it needs that 1.5 kg sooooooper computer sitting on our shoulders to get into action...

thtz it...

Guruprasad: I believe it is with the probability '0'

me: prob is not zero for any thing kano...

Guruprasad: hmm

me: we in our smaller intellect choose to make a lot of assumptions...

and thr by make things of higher probabiltiy for a certain event...

we look for causality and not co-relations

we confuse co-relation with causality all the time

or atleast most of the times

Guruprasad: co-relation interesting...

co-related with what ?

me: whn some one predicts some tng..using palmistry or some other technique he only gives a co-relation based understanding...

he cannot state something to be causal...

he only predicts based on the past data...

but that doesnt get all encompassing

Guruprasad: thats interpolation

me: its again as u say... some sort of interpretation...

not even interpolation...

Guruprasad: extending the past curve right

me: this has been the basis of al attempts to predict...

ya... some sort of ...

not exactly tho...

Guruprasad: ya...

me: some time thr is the factor of intuition which is un predictable tht plays a major role...

so finally wht some one predicts only is based on past

but doesnt get all encompassing...

so there is a lot of un explored things... and so there is abundant scope to get to teh new

Guruprasad: ya....such prediction are very limited in very dynamic situations

ya...

me: so we sometimes claim that those ppl who can co-relate better to be omniscient..

or rather in most cases...

but again they dont know

its like the case of a student who wanted to show case to his teacher tht he was damn smart

Guruprasad: actually the metaphor I was using was God

me: humm

well hang on

Guruprasad: ok

me: he gets a small bird in his hand to the teachers cabin and say...

sir I have a bird in my hand can u tell me if its living or dead...

so he was confident he could any way change the consequence based on wht the teacher told him

Guruprasad: ok..

me: the bird was living whn he brought it in

if the teacher told its living he could kill it and if he told it was dead then

then he could let if fy...

he thought he had all the strings under his control

he thought he knew the future...

Guruprasad: teacher's answer ?

me: the teachers reply was

;"I wont say if the bird is living or dead... I only know tht its existence is defined by ur choise"

so was the student actually knowing all?

Guruprasad: did he claim that he knew all ?

so...that stupid

me: atleast he thought...

thatz exactly wht u are trying to say...

Guruprasad: no...

not that point..

me: omniscience... is only that state...

and omni potence was the realization given by the teacher

getting to the next level which the student didnt expect... letting him know of a greater truth...

Guruprasad: Omniscience - All Knowing

right

me: its like getting into the shell of... all very beautifully packed within one another

so at the end of the story the teacher becomes omniscient jst by letting the student realize he is omnipotent...

Guruprasad: see...thats true..

me: its not a permanent state... its a stat e of flux... thatz wht i wnt to tell

Guruprasad: the teacher or the student is not both

they are only 1 state not both at any time

me: thr is nothing like complete truth... everything is evolutionary..

humm rt...

flux as I call it...

nice discussion kano :)

Guruprasad: it could be flux, but a entity cannot be both at any point right ?

me: well u can call this paradox... but wht some call the GOD, I would call it life

or nature... that makes be feel better...

Guruprasad: ya....

me: so I thru my limited understanding would not at any point be able to

Guruprasad: so..when people say God is both...

me: be omni-*

Guruprasad: its actually contradictory

me: but wht if u see nature closely...

thru all its species it is trying gain nothing more than experience...

and in the process growing into being a completely new state...

we exist till thr is life in us...

we dont carry anything...

we start relating to the body and our identity of ego...

Guruprasad: We carry Genes.....but thats for another discussion I guess

me: in the process we some whr loose a lot of our powers which we can tap

if we disassociate frm the identity of ego...

Guruprasad: ok...

me: we would be going for experience.. and thru the gigantic network of various degrees of intelligence come to a new state of enlightenment...

and in some cases using tit to create beauty in the process...

Guruprasad: nice...

me: we as human are only catalysts...each one some way different from the other to get a different experience...

that is exactly y I told u - "if u are like me then there is no meaning in my existance... "

at the beginning...

Guruprasad: Omniscient I guess ?

:)

me: so wht GOD/nature/ life is wanting from us is not

our triviality of trying to understand things and jst stop... we need to continue and make more creative works

be it in any field...

Guruprasad: hmm....

me: we need to use our huge 1.5 guy who is at the top to create things... not to jst brood on memories...

Guruprasad: 1.5 guy ?

me: I dont claim we should not work on our memories... we should not stick at tht point and judge any experience.. we need to extract the essence, take it along and then create something new

ya 1.5 guy = the brain...

:)

Guruprasad: ok.... I don't deny that

creating new is what we all are trying to do in some way ..

me: its like u have the choice to carry the dead wood or extract the essence and carry it along...

:)

Guruprasad: sure...I am with u, on that one

)

:)

me: and to emphasize this further u can also observe tht its once we create something new

thtz whn we are the happiest...

this new thing can be by listening to some one... reading something... exploring/discovering etc...

thtz y a baby is so happy...and it doest stick with the dead wood...its looking for the essense...

doesnt it look so simply beautiful... we in our busy life start loosing the essence of all this...

alva?

Guruprasad: ya... Learning is a continuous process

and as adults we stick on to established ideas...

me: as we grow... some realize whr they are and wht excites them...

and follow.. some jst search and give up... some never start the search...

Guruprasad: ya....

did u see randy pausch's last lecture ?

me: illa...(no)

ellide adu?(whrz it?)

have no idea kano...

Guruprasad: on utube

its a good

me: hey am planning to put this on

my blog... wht say?

Guruprasad: I have no problems

me: cool...

its actually a discussion on spirituality as I have learnt it kano...

Guruprasad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

me: will look at the lecture

Guruprasad: ya...to to some extent

me: as said next discussion on genes

:)

bye tc

cya

Guruprasad: I am up for that !

--------------------------

An interesting discussion with my friend over Gtalk thought of sharing it.

2 comments:

Charan said...

Hmmm . honestly .. not that interesting ...
I guess JG *just* wanted to present a contradictory statement (which are always interesting ) to us .. thats it .. and i dont see it having loads of hidden information in it ....

Disclaimer : my opinion .. may be my mind is confined to a small world ... dont blame me :)

Sreeni said...

good 1 :)