Thursday, March 19, 2009

The High Performance Entrepreneur - Subroto Bagchi


I heard Subroto Bagchi, when he had come down to IIMB to deliver a lecture for the incoming batch of our juniors. It was also the occasion when he released 'Go Kiss the World' in our college. He made a brief reference to the accolades he got on with the first book of this -' The High Performance Entrepreneur'.

I had decided I would start off on my own after my PGDM from IIMB, and did so. I started off my company along with a few friends of mine - 'edu-next'. I began working full time on the company after my completion of the course, i.e. since last week of Feb 2009.

I had taken up a few entreprenuership related course and interned in a startup during my summers. A lot of places while working on these courses there were sufficient references being made to the book. I decided to read this book following all this background.

It is definitely a very insightful book for entrepreneur who want to start off; a lot of the caveats which are given which these people need to be cautious about. A very good book to read before you start to ensure that you are on the look out for these caveats. However, every enterprise that starts has its own course to follow, its own challenges to face - this book doesn't solve all the issues. It is a must read before you start, but the challenges of each start up are very different.

An interesting read in general and a must read for entrepreneurs to be.

3 comments:

Sidharth said...

nice one dear...

http://www.apnahomepage.in
Making Indian Weblife a comfortable jouney...

Taranfx said...

India needs such ppl to empower us.
Apna homepageMaking Indian Weblife a comfortable journey

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.