Friday, September 11, 2009

First, break all the rules - Markus Buckingham

This book was gifted to me by the Quetzal group when I was interning with them. I started reading this book on the journey back from Mumbai. I couldn’t concentrate too much while traveling that time so stopped reading and the book was lying aside for quite a long time.

Recently while doing my routine Business Development stuff I thought of looking back at the book. It’s just amazing how we can effectively use this book to foster excellence in organizations. The book challenges the conventional wisdom and explains how the most successful managers handle the situation. This book is very revealing and I would say a must read to every manager. We manager need to understand that we are catalysts to the process…

The book deals with 4 key ways which the great managers have in common and how this can be used to enhance the effectiveness of others. The four keys are
- Selection of talent
- Definition of outcomes
- Strength’s focus
- Finding the right fit

To know more about these 4 keys to improve your managerial effectiveness I would definitely suggest a read. A must read for all managers

No comments: