Friday, September 11, 2009

Leadership wisdom from the monk who sold his ferrari

Robin Sharma doesn’t stop to inspire me. Every time I read his books I get all the more thrilled to work towards something more meaningful. May be the start up phase of my company also has something to do in me appreciating the points he puts across.

This one is the latest of this books I have read. Ya! There is a new collection of all his works a set of 9 books – some day I will get that collection (a good gift too I can say). I have read 4 of his books and get all the more involved in them.

Leadership wisdom is an awesome book the 8 rituals he suggest towards increasing leadership effectiveness is a compilation of the leadership knowledge this far from history. The way he weaves a story around the rituals makes it even more exciting. I think the apt review of this book would be to list the 8 rituals of Leadership here and let the interested people read through the book. So here goes the list.

  1. The ritual of a compelling future force
  2. The ritual of human relations
  3. The ritual of team unity
  4. The ritual of adaptability and change management
  5. The ritual of personal effectiveness
  6. The ritual of self-leadership
  7. The ritual of creativity and innovation
  8. The ritual of contribution and significance

These rituals are aptly designed to help us improve our leadership capabilities. So if you are searching for the book which would help you do that; here’s one.

No comments: