Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Lost Starry Sky

The Lost Starry Sky

A black blanket above me, with small spots - the stars,
Some twinkling, some shooting, looking as though at wars;
Far off, I hear the sea roar,
And occasionally tearing blanket a shooting star soar;

As it where it where to teach me!
Giving me the freedom - The white dots on a black paper;
With my creative ink - draw I could, linking the dots;
Not bound only by my thoughts,
I created structures in the sky;
With just dots and my creative eye.

My childlike innocence today looks like nonsense!
A busy day, and a tiered night
Within the four wall I see no light!


My bound mind's eye, - Now sees no more;
The structures I created are just a thought turned sore;

Evaluating today, I create;
I say some good, some bad; some possible some difficult;
The sieve of prudence, and convention has just let go of the fluid mind;
All I have today is bound by the routine, the definite; limiting me!

No dots to connect, all I look at today is only walls that bind

- Chi
_____________________________________________________________

In this poem, I have tried to get to the table 2 aspects which I closely feel about
  1. The lost child hood creativity and it being replaced by the routine life of a grown up
  2. The Evaluative Mindset of a grown up which kills our joy of creatively looking at the situation we are in

5 comments:

vishwanath said...

I liked the child in that.... good one!

Megha Gupta said...

It looks like you went in flashback about 10 years back when a youth starts dreaming about his future. Your wishes are to achieve a lot in your sky, you want to be on top of the world.

i know brother you will be ... love you ...

Parisarapremi said...

sakkath :-)

Anonymous said...

Good one!!!
childhood : the promise never kept.

Naveen said...

Gud one Sachi !!! Bahala chenagide :-)