Sunday, August 14, 2011

Simply fly - Captain Gopinath

Its been quite a long time since I had completed reading any book, and this long weekend gave me some time for this cherished activity - reading (4 days!)

Stories of entrepreneurs have always excited me. My list of books too indicate the same. This one was special as it was gifted by Intel for me having spoken at one of their promotional events.

When I began reading this book, the narration took me back to some of the childhood menories of my village - the fun and frolic; I had experienced as a kid. The narration of the various phases of life and challenges that Captain Gopinath experienced has been really captivating.

The part of the book I loved the most was where Captain is out to set up Deccan Aviation - initially the helicopter and later on the Air planes. What got me involved so much with it was the scale of the operation that was attempted and especially when Captain started off with nothing! Hats off!

Captain ends the book about his current baby - the end-to-end logistics company. Wish him all the best.

Personally my respect for Capt Gopinath has grown after I have read this book and wish I could meet him some time in life.

Dont miss reading this book - a whole host of experience to gain from!

2 comments:

Parisarapremi said...

tumba dappa pustaka aadru nu.. :p

Anonymous said...

Dοes your blog have a cοntаct ρagе?
I'm having trouble locating it but, I'ԁ lіke to shοot yоu an emaіl.

I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

Feel free to visit my web-site cabinet design software