Monday, August 19, 2013

An exciting journey of starting a society - extremely satisfying

My life has been a summation of various experiments that I have been venturing on - many of the decision I have taken and followed have really no rationale description that even I could give - forget a prescription. Experimenting with uncertainty is now a part of me... and when some of these experiments make way to something that is extremely tangible there is no bound for the satisfaction and happiness I experience.

A recent such venture that sprouted into an organization has been setting up our own - Amba Bhavani Vividoddesha Souharda Sahakari. A cooperative which today almost every one from my community says there has been a felt need - their argument goes saying - "every other community in the region has one and we are late - none the less - better late than never". 

I possibly wouldn't have ventured onto this one if it was not for a dear friend of mine - Murali who was helping me explore the possibility of owning a house in my home town - Udupi. It was he who really was the guy who sowed the seed into my head... 

Frankly, I didn't know much about Cooperative Society to begin with - it was entirely a new field. I just waited on for Murali to repeat his idea so that I am really sure he was interested in it - and yes he was... I kept hearing the enthusiastic idea again and again. 

Being in Bangalore, I knew it would be relatively difficult for me to really venture out to Udupi and attempt setting up the society - I instead thought it would be best if I could focus on getting people involved into this venture. I realized that banking would be a crucial part of this venture and so, the first person whom I got on board was Manjunath Uncle...

I discussed the idea with him and then connected Murali and uncle to chalk out the list of people we could get on board... the first of this was my father and then we went on to add in a lot more experienced people onto the list of directors and slowly we could see the action begining.

There was still some doubt and skepticism, but these were put to rest as the team began to speak with each other. There was then the phase were people would keep meeting to chalk out the plan of action, but it wouldnt take a kick start and begin moving... I had my doubts of this begining to take off really, but thanks to the energy of uncle the engine slowly began moving....

We got a provisional approval for the process of making shareholder... this was possibly the toughest task of the whole process thus far. We were given 15 days and were asked to make 500 members and raise a certain capital to show that the people on whose behalf we were really attempting this were also seeing the need for it. 

Several several full-days and evening hours of pursuing finally bore results - reached the target well within the time and submitted our application... but then... the assembly elections were announced. 

We were this close to finishing the process of registration and now we had to wait for two reasons - there was a change in the act that would define how we were to proceed next, and the second when the new act would really come into effect.... even bigger wait was... when would the time come for us to start after the elections...

All we could do was just wait... after nearly 4 months of waiting finally we got the go ahead from the department and it was time we came out....

The society was inaugurated after a long delay but yes.. it gives me great pleasure to see it live on the ground. I know our task is just beginning - there is a tougher challenge ahead - that of really executing the plan ahead.... lets hope by God's grace we build on this start...

Wishing all the best to the team and seeking the continued support of all involved...

2 comments:

kiran said...

All the best to you and your team Sir..

kiran said...

All the best to you and your team!!!