Sunday, May 25, 2014

Bhaag! by Ganesh V


I just finished reading "Bhaag!" by a first time author - Ganesh V. I met Ganesh at IIMB-NSRCEL when he mentioned about the book he had written on Student entrepreneurs. I offered to write a review and he was kind enough to send me a copy of the book.

It has been an interesting attempt to look at bugging entrepreneurs from colleges across India and across different sectors. It is definitely the first of such an attempt in the space of student entrepreneurs in India - kudos! I loved the Bio-tech story in the set the most and
I am a bit skeptical of the inclusion of the "Nurturing Green" story as I think it doesn't fit with the remaining set of stories.

What I liked about the book?
  • The channelization of energy
  • The focus of mentoring by the faculty of colleges
  • The support of various B-Plan programs across the country
What I could like to see different in the book?
  • Font! Man the font is so small - couldn't it have been bigger?
  • Some elements of the narration! Looks like the Ganesh also wanted him to be part of the effort (this is my personal opinion: let us focus on the subjects instead of how you went about asking them!)
  • Could have included a set of key pointers for the enterprising students who would seek to go enter entrepreneurship - the how element. (Resources: I am not too sure if these are the only ones - there are many more and some really interesting ones. I guess Ganesh could have done a better job on this)
What I think could be a good continuation?
Being one of a research mindset, it would be inapt to think of letting the new set of cases go off without tracking over a longer period of time. This could lead to a lot of interesting insights into entrepreneurship.

No comments: