Thursday, March 29, 2007

"The Great Indian Dream"-Arindam Chaudhuri

Arindam Chaudhuri has written this book after his wel known mangement book - "Count Your Chickens before they hatch". This book also revolves around the "India Centric - mangement theory.
This is an inspirational book in a lot of ways, but I sometime feel he is too idealistic and we must understand that not all these things are going to work as easily as he has mentioned in the book. He has started a foundation... to implement the dream that he has seen through this book.. and his success is mostly limited to West Bengal. I think it takes us to think over again and understand that though the idea that he has given is nice one it takes much more to implement it.
He tries to be over motivating... and seriously I think he has failed to convince me. His ideas are nice... but not in complete synch with my lines of thought. I would take it up with a pinch of salt, rather than just go by what he says word by word.
A nice book to read.. to think out of the box to a certain degree, some new ideas suggested, some open problems of the nation brought out.. but they I feel are not complete solutions that he has sugested.... go ahead and read in case you love to read and knoe more....

3 comments:

Venu b said...

Arindam is a failure... in his ideas, his charm, his book, in his purpose... hes pure gas and no mass!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.